Jan 16, 2015

What I learned today

Long ago I wanted to start this column, and now, the New Year has started, and can make my ideas come true:) From this day I will be writing small posts about what I learned this day. Of course, sometimes there will be useless and stupid days when nothing new does not occur, and the brain refuses to look for something interesting around. But still, life is an interesting thing, and so many fascinating things happen! Especially if you live abroad and communicate with foreigners.

For today, for example, I learned that Koreans have no idea what the Korean-style carrot is. We told our neighbor from Korea that spicy carrot is very popular in Russia, and he stared wide-eyed and asked, “What is it?”. It turns out that such salade does not exist in Korea. But Google explained that they have a similar salad made from Chinese cabbage, which was brought from Korea in the USSR. And due to the fact that the Soviet Union did not have this cabbage, it was replaced with a carrot. That’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment